Saturday, January 7, 2012

ASS out of U and ME (yep, don't assume others know what you want or expect 'cuz they don't!)


I'm sure we can all recall the old adage about ASSUME. Well, I'm here to say that unless you are surrounded by a bunch of mind readers, your friends and family don't automatically know what it is you want or expect. The second meaning behind my blog name “A Sugar Free Me” is about not sugar coating the truth in order to prevent hurt feelings or confrontation. That would be me talking to others and others talking to me as well. Give me the honest truth please – no sugar coating needed! But there's no need to be nasty about it either. Anyway, part of not sugar coating things is being honest about what you want and communicating. It was silly of me to assume that since my husband is the last person out of our bed every morning and even out of the house on most days that he should make the bed before leaving the house. And why should I assume that he should know what a huge pet peeve it is of mine to come home from a long day and walk into our room with an unmade bed? And not just an unmade bed, but a destroyed bed with all bedding in a huge heap in the middle of it! Argh. So, on January 1st I simply made it known about my pet peeve and how much happier I would be if I came home to a made bed. That's all it took. Problem solved. Every day since then (yes, we are on a roll people) I have come home to a made bed and I'm so happy! See, it's the little things.
And, while working out with one of my best friends this morning, we were talking about my “no sugar coating required” philosophy for the new year and told her how insulted I have been by all of those who have told me that I don't look any different and that it doesn't look like I have put on weight, when I can reassure you that I definitely have. And not just a little either. My sweet friend simply said “last week when we met at the park I must say that I was surprised when I saw you.” Thank you. Nothing mean or nasty about it. No sugar coating. But the truth. Wow! And she made a point of explaining that most people simply don't notice the weight I've gained because they don't look at the physical, but the inner beauty they see when they look at me.  Aaaaah, really?!  And she topped it off by telling me that even so she can already tell that I've trimmed down some in just a week and half since being back in the gym and eating clean.  They say nutrition is 80% of your success or failure. Believe it my friends. I have always loved working out, being active and playing sports. I will tell you that these past 3 years of working out I have maintained my weight, but have not made any progress due to my unclean and random eating habits. I did weigh much less than I do now, but once I decided to really train hard and clean up my diet to prepare for my first figure competition, I dropped 9 pounds in my first two weeks! I was even flabbergasted, but it was all about my diet. I'm telling you, it's all about your food! Eat clean and eat every 2-3 hours and you'll be amazed at the transformations you will see. Then add exercise and you've got a winning combination!

3 comments:

  1. My gift to you: http://www.stumptuous.com/how-to-dump-sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so easy! I wish I had half of your perseverance and drive! (=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I am good if I make it sound so easy! 'Cuz it's definitely not! LOL. I am, however, one of those all or nothing gals. I'm either ALL in and I'm totally on my game or I'm really OFF. That's why me new word/goal for this year is BALANCE. Ah, it makes me happy just thinking about balance.......

      Delete