Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why Not Me?


Hmmm, isn't that an old country song? Seems like it. And I haven't been able to get the tune out of my head all day! Lately I've been taking shots at myself I guess you could say. I'm one of hundreds of lucky girls that got chosen, yes chosen, to be a model in an upcoming fitness fashion show to benefit breast cancer. How exciting is that?! Let me tell you, it's very exciting for me! It's really like a dream come true, so why I chose to sabotage myself from October through December I have no idea. But here I am totally excited and working hard to get back into awesome shape for the show that takes place on March 17th. And if I ever have the guts to tell anyone about being chosen for this fashion show, I don't speak very positively about myself. Usually it goes something like this...”yep, there will be amazing pros there like Monica Brant (my fitness hero), Dave Goodin, Adela Garcia. And then on that list of fitness models is my name, Megan Coty.” Like I'm not worthy to be a part of that list of pros who are stars in my eyes. But why not? Everyone starts somewhere, right? Monica wasn't born a pro figure competitor. She worked very hard and followed her dreams and didn't stop until she made it and she's still a huge figure in the fitness world. In fact, she has been competing since at least 1991 that I know of and although she placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in many of her competitions, she also placed 9th, 7th, 6th in many as well. But she never gave up. That is so inspiring and shows such drive and determination. And shows that I too can strive to be my best and to not give up, even with this big set back.
All along I've known that there was going to be a special preview party sometime in January, but I knew I wouldn't be ready to make an appearance. However, I just got the invite to the private party and photo shoot and it isn't until Feb 5th, so I've been given an opportunity or a gift if you will, an extra week to shed some fat and build some more muscle! So, I'm trying to be optimistic and will see what progress I can make. I still don't think that I can be photo shoot worthy in 2 & ½ weeks, but just in case, I took the plunge today and made myself a hair appointment for the Wednesday before the party. If I'm not ready, then I'll just call and move my appointment to the week before the actual fashion show. Here's to being optimistic and positive and to working hard rather than continuing to kick myself for setting myself up to possibly miss out on an exciting preview party that could have some great exposure to some wonderful opportunities. Moving forward....because the past does not define you, the present does. (ActiveInspiration.com)

3 comments:

  1. The damage was done in 2 weeks, and you've been working to repair it for 2 weeks now. Most importantly, you have 2 MORE weeks to work on it! You'll be there, quit spending your time stressing and worrying about it, and start spending your time doing something about it! (= When you start feeling inferior and not worthy or ready, do bum squeezing crunchies and leg lifts! All of your workouts don't have to be bi's and tri's and cardio. You can do little 1 minute workouts throughout the day too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes m'am, you're the boss! JK. You're absolutely right! I was just talking today about how I need to put the energy from all of my stress and negative thoughts towards more positive things! Please don't think that I do bis and tris every day girl. I do a 3/1/2/1 split, working different body parts each day of the week. I will take your advice though and do those minute long mini workouts during those times when my mind starts wandering towards wondering what is in the pantry....... :)

      Delete
    2. Redirecting thoughts is good tool! I can't tell you how often I stand in front of the cupboard eating but not tasting, and yep before I know it a whole bag of something is gone and I'm about to start working on another one! UGH!!! Like you said, it doesn't satisfy and just makes you feel bad!!!

      Delete