Thursday, January 19, 2012

One For the Road


So tomorrow we are headed to Houston. My hubby is there now so that he can get a good night of rest as he has round two of all day interviews tomorrow. This is where my Plan B will come into play. My 6 Pack Fitness food bag will be earning it's worth once again. It's my true companion each and every day, but it'll be stuffed to the gills for the weekend excursion. I've baked my home made protein cakes this week and they are individually wrapped and ready for the road. I've got stacks of my airtight containers full of boiled chicken, brown rice, veggies and my delicious oatmeal/Myofusion mix. So, although I'll be away from the luxuries of home, I can still stick with a clean diet. I'm also excited that we are staying at the same hotel that we stayed at the last time, so I know that the gym there is sufficient enough for my Saturday morning cardio session followed by my bis and tris work out. So, I'm not gonna miss a beat! It's supposed to be beautiful in Houston all weekend, so I've also got all of our roller blades packed. I look forward to some outdoor fun!
I had to chuckle today as I was talking to my awesome preschool class about having a Can Do attitude. We were working on a project to strengthen their fine motor skills and some were finding it difficult to string Cheerio's onto their piece of string. Many of them were saying “I can't....”. It was awesome because by the end of the project they were all saying “Ms. Megan, I can do it!”. And what joy and pride seeped out of their sweet little faces! It made me wonder if I always have the Can Do attitude. Do you have a Can Do attitude? Instead of saying I can't, try saying I can and you'll be pleasantly amazed at the successes you'll have just by having the right Can Do attitude! I'm relying on this attitude to help me get through this weekend. And I know I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment